Tuesday 7 May 2013

David Bowie @ V&A

So yesterday I finally visited the Bowie exhibition, which I was eagerly anticipating.
After digesting the experience the overall taste left behind was not so sweet.
As a long time Bowie follower most of the images and displays I had seen before.The clothes ,( which should have been my goose bump moment) didn't do it either as most of them were replicas and scattered into different sections of the exhibition loosing the feel of the impact.
The idolisation and overload of one persons achievements in life were overwhelming in the displays, not to forget that he is very fortunate human being able to follow what he loves. There is so many talented people in this world but unfortunately not with the same possibilities and fortunate omens. A tissue of DB with smeared lipstick put in a glass box added to the uneasiness I started to feel about the whole thing.
The amount of money put into this exhibition all the great things it could have been used for helping others…..I wonder what Mr.Bowie thought when he wondered around yes he is great but let's keep it real….amen




No comments:

Post a Comment